Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Lord, I need You

It seems that... every day that I have lived the past month has taught me that I need You, God, more than anything else in this world. Through all the trials and struggles You've placed me in, I have learned to lean on You more than anything. I'm realizing more and more each day that I can't live without You. Lord... I love you. I don't show it very well, but I really do. I'm a dirty sinner, but You washed my sins away in the blood of Jesus. I'll always be amazed about the fact that You love me that much to send Your Son to die for me. I want to be a light to others that with You all things are possible. You saved everyone in my youth group and me from death last week. Yes, others call it luck, but I call it blessed. I remember those people from Virginia.... My whole ski trip was meant to minister to these people I believe, and also Homer and Hugh. I cry out Your name when I'm low and weary and You bring me rest. You take my burdens and make them light. The world may not understand why I have made it through the past few years like I have, but I do... and it's from You.

Lord, I want You to know that I want to be a shining light for You. Make me a servant. I want to wash others' feet. I want to wash Your's. I love you God, help me live that out. Help me live out Your name through you. I can't do this on my own. I can't get rid of sins and prevent them on my own, I need you. Lord, I need you when the tough gets tougher, when the sweet gets sweeter, and every breath I take I need you.

Lord, this is my prayer to You. I want to be a servant. I want to have a better attitude about things. I want to proclaim Your name and to not cause Your name shame. Jesus, I love You. Lord, I need You.

1 comment: