Friday, June 25, 2010

How I love Thee

It's been a while since I've posted a post on here... so well here we go. This past Sunday, I went to this church with my family because my papa was going to preach there, my family was going to sing, and they wanted me to play some guitar too. I just got back from visiting with Meg and her family, and I had to come up with some songs to play that night. I was supposed to put around 4 songs together, and I chose some songs I have known for a while and one that I just recently wrote. The songs I sang that night were As the Deer, I am Barrabas, By His Wounds, and Oh My Lord (the song I've written). Little did I realize what was going on until we were at the church doing sound checks. All the songs that I chose... were put on my heart by God with the message of.. desiring God and loving Him.

The songs basically together talk about... We need to have God as our heart's desire. We should long to worship Him as well. God gave His Son Jesus to die for us in our place, just as Jesus was chosen to die over Barrabas as the crowd released Barrabas. By His wounds on the cross and by His blood shed in our place, we are healed because He is our sacrifice for our sins... so we don't have to face Hell for our sins, we can go to Heaven and see Him and worship Him forever and ever. Oh My Lord talks about how I (we) love God for His Sacrifice on the cross, and how He is the King over all things.... our King. Here is the chorus from Oh My Lord.

-We sing praises to the Lamb
He holds us in His Hand
Oh my Lord
Oh how I love Thee

No comments:

Post a Comment